Frequently Asked Questions:
1.) Do I need any experience in dance?
· No Masako Ono Performing Arts (MOPA) trains dancers of all levels.
2.) What should I wear to class?
· Wear clothes that are comfortable and that you can move well in. Jeans are not recommended. All the students have to wear MOPA T-shirts for dance classes. MOPA T-shirts are available at MOPA.
3.) What are the age range of the students at MOPA?
· We take students as young as four years.
4.) How often do I need to attend class?
· We recommend that all students come regularly at least twice a week. We know that sometimes you get busy and things come up but we encourage everyone to come regularly so they can follow the routine and continue to improve.
5.) Does MOPA have a recital or perform anywhere?
· Yes, MOPA show happens once in 3 month, also those students who excel get opportunities to perform out of Odisha.
6.) Am I allowed to watch my child during class time?
· We allow parents to watch their child’s first class but we don’t recommend sitting in on classes regularly.
7.) How do I register for a class?
· Please visit our "contact us" page or more details on how to register for classes.
8.) I am travelling in India and would like to learn Odissi dance. Can I enroll for classes?
· MOPA invites people travelling through Bhubaneswar to come and take classes. For those with an arts background (not just dance) we encourage you to get involved with our non profit, Mudra Foundation, while taking classes as well. Take a look at the Get Involved Tab for more info. Or visit Mudra Foundation website at mudrafoundation.com
9.) Is it possible to come for longer period to learn dance at your school, do you have any accommodation facility?
· Yes, we have accommodation as well attached to the dance studio. Also there is ARTIST IN RESIDENCE program too, with accommodation in the same building as MOPA dance studio, inviting performing artists, visual artists, fashion designers, yoga teachers from the globe. Please contact us for more details.